Good morning to all, first let me thank my sweet friend Nicole for her kind words, sweet encouragement and continued support. I thank ALL of YOU for continued prayers, love, messages, phone calls and I could go on forever. You will never know how much you all have impacted my life. Please know that I could never walk this without you.
So much has happened over the past week since my last post. I apologize for taking so long….so let me catch up. I was able to spend some much-needed time of rest with my love. We laughed until we cried. We were actually able to have ‘real’ dates. I got to enjoy long naps in the quiet country, what more could a girl ask for? It was heavenly. My favorite parts of my time there were sweet moments with the Lord as He continued to show me where I’m headed and remind me of His promises and from where He has brought me. He continues to blow me away with His word and His people.
I returned to Dallas, bittersweetly. John returned home and my sweet friend, Kelly and her mom arrived for a sweet visit. We have had an awesome “girl” time. We unashamedly admit that we stayed in our jammies one day. It was the best.
With all the rest and fun with friends came a much-anticipated day on Friday. It was my first doctor appointment since my radiation finished and the possibility to get back on the treatment path. Well, let the celebration begin……good check-up, I went to chemo yesterday and I’m feeling good. I will do my best here to explain the plan but please know that it is a little confusing even to me so I’m going to share it with you the same way I’m tracking it (keeping it simple):
- I will continue weekly on Fridays with ‘Jenn’s Juice’, it will be the same medications and one new medication that works in the blood to choke any tumors being “fed” by blood.
- “Jenn’s Juice” has a specific rotation and the doctors/nurses will keep track of which “juice” I get which week and Jenn simply shows up each Friday for “Jenn’s Juice”.
- At this time it looks like I will finish this course of treatment in June.
- I’m still not able to drive. Please pray for me and those who have to chauffeur me. (more prayer needed for them)
- As of yesterday, Dr. Kerr, Oncologist, will consult with Dr. Munoz, Radiation, to determine when the next brain scan will be scheduled. The reason for this is to make sure they do it when we will get an accurate result.
Overall, I feel good. I feel better with each day. I have begun to wean off my steroid which makes life much easier and will improve over the next few days. I continue to praise God for each and every moment and day. He is the only one who is giving me the strength and stamina to walk through this and He continues to heal my body. I stand in His victory.
“On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us.” — 2 Corinthians 1:10