Watching someone you care about go through a difficult season is not an easy thing. If you happen to be across the country … well, that adds another dimension entirely. One thing about distance, though, is it certainly gives God room to blow your mind with the big picture of how He works. The last six months have been a roller coaster, but one of the most amazing, inspiring and humbling parts has been seeing you in action.
Yes, I’m talking to YOU.
In fact, I felt so compelled to talk to you directly that I’ve basically resorted to blog piracy, commandeering the control panel while Jenn wasn’t looking.
So one diagnosis, six months and 38,000 blog hits later I’m reflecting on this crazy journey without a single doubt that God knows exactly what He’s doing by bringing each and every one of YOU into Jennifer’s life.
- For your thoughtful cards, presents, calls, visits, FaceBook and blog comments
- For bringing meals, running errands and doing household chores
- For being selfless chauffeurs, driving to and from appointments, treatments and airports
- For the listening ears, compassionate tears, strong shoulders and encouraging smiles
- For donating to Jenns’ Medical Fund and for honoring her in your efforts to raise awareness and support breast cancer research
- For being PRESENT for the good and the bad
- For your undiminished FAITH
- For your PRAYERS (pause and repeat that last one at least 100 times)
I’ve watched you become the hands and feet of Jesus for my friend. Your acts of love and service aren’t the result of specific requests but are an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. These acts are seamless, selfless and offered with utmost sensitivity to Jennifer.
Most of you already realize the spiritual powerhouse that Jennifer Cunningham is. She’s touched many lives through her ministry service. She is one of those rare individuals who extend faith and friendship without any boundaries. You’ve watched her go toe-to-toe with cancer and say “MY GOD IS BIGGER.”
I’m stepping out in faith to share another opportunity that we have to serve Jennifer. As many of you know, Jenn is no longer able to work. Although disability benefits are pending, they cover only a percentage of her previous income and medical bills are coming in daily.
There are MANY ways that you can help Jenn:
- Donate to Jenn’s Medical Fund – it’s safe and simple to donate online.
- Help us get the word out by sharing the link to Jenn’s Fund via FaceBook, Twitter and email – frequently.
- Launch your own fundraising efforts in your local community to benefit Jenn.
The last thing that our sweet friend Jennifer would dream of doing is to directly ask for financial support. I hope and pray that this message has honored her heart while ensuring that you are fully aware that this is a VERY REAL NEED. It’s a need beyond Jennifer’s control and that gives many of us another opportunity to reach out in a very practical way to meet day-to-day needs like rent, groceries and medical expenses.
For each of you, I am thankful. You touch Jenn’s life in ways that minister to the heart of every single person who knows and loves her. Thank you for helping us spread the word and meet the need.
“You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
– 2 Corinthians 9:11 (NIV)
“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:1 (NIV)