Day one of Radiation done, 14 to go. I’m doing well. I’m tired tonight and feel like everything is catching up. It’s been a whirlwind week. Overall, we’re doing well.
Today, I had an opportunity to catch up with Dr. Munoz, the radiation doctor. He confirmed that this is the best course for timeliness. He indicated that a clinical trial (experimental drugs) could take me 4 weeks to get into. Dr, Munoz explained that my symptoms are not currently “clinical” symptoms, meaning that my symptoms were caused by the swelling not the actual tumors. The medication has reduced these symptoms and indicate that we are moving in the right direction. This is a good thing. This means that we can be proactive with treatment instead of being reactive with the tumors possibly progressing. I feel confident in this course over the next 3-4 weeks at which time we will follow-up with another scan to measure any changes.
There is discussion for putting me back on a chemo drug but Dr. Kerr, the oncologist, wants a PET scan done this week before deciding which drug. In addition, they will do a spinal cord scan to determine if additional radiation is needed down my spine to prevent cancer spreading into my nervous system.
Please pray these test are clear and God would protect my body from any additional cancer spreading. I trust that the Lord is sovereign. I will rest in His truth and His promise. He gives life and gives abundantly. I walk boldly in His truth.
“Do not be afraid, for I am with you” — Isaiah 43:5