A little delay in getting this update out, I was busy. 🙂 That’s a whole ‘nother story for later.
Well here it is….
- Dr. Kerr has stopped the Xuloda for surgery and because he wants to start the new chemo next week. Good News!!!!! Woo Hoo, thank you God for proactive doctors.
- There is another spot of cancer in the lymph node on my chest. The doctor says it is being treated with the radiation. At this time surgery is not an option to remove it so we will continue treatment with radiation and chemo.
- The cancer has NOT spread to any other major organs. Another praise.
- At this time he is not supportive of the clinical trial as this is a placebo trial and there is a chance I would be on a placebo and neither he nor I would know it. Not a good choice given the aggressiveness of my cancer.
What the next few weeks will look like….
- Surgery on Monday to remove the first spot that returned.
- Tuesday morning I will go to the oncologist and possibly start chemo.
- I will have to have chemo 2x weekly while on radiation (the rest of January). The reason for this is to split the dosage to lessen the side effects. This has proven successful in other patients.
- After my appointment on Tuesday I will have a more defined schedule for January.
- After January I will go to chemo once a week (most likely Fridays).
Additional information, the doctor told me today that I do have a unique case and agreed that I would probably have case study written on my cancer for future patients. This is not something they see every day. He said most people want a 2nd and 3rd opinion but told me to rest assured that I have about 20-30 doctors weighing in on my case. He and the other doctors are presenting it in front of some nationally known oncologist and breast surgeons. I am confident that they are doing all that they can to be proactive and stay on top of my treatment.
I completely trust that God has put me in their care for such a time as this and I am confident that His hand is guiding every step. Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
A great devotion from “Jesus Calling”
I am with you and for you. When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you. You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but don’t be discouraged – never give up! With My help, you can overcome any obstacle. Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very-present Helper, am omnipotent.
Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come. One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events. If you want to stay close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment. Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let Me set the pace. Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My presence.
“What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?” — Romans 8:31